River trips have a class rating according to the difficulty of their toughest rapid.
- Class I and II trips consist of flat water and gentle waves.
- Class III include moderate waves and obstructions (rocks, gravel bars etc.) in the river.
- Class IV is bigger and faster than class III.
- Class V are the most difficult with large waves, powerful currents, and unpredictable hazards.
- Easiest:An easiest trip is ideal for tentative first timers or families with young children. We suggest children be at least 5 years old. Class I & II
- Intermediate: Intermediate trips are appropriate for adventurous first timers or families with older children. We suggest children be at least eight years old (twelve on bike trips). Class III & IV
- Advanced: Advanced trips are for those who are extremely fit and have had previous experience. We suggest that all members be at least sixteen years of age. Class IV & V