We will meet for your trip in Vernal, Utah at Holiday River Expeditions headquarters (713 S 1550 E Naples UT, 84078). All trips meet the night prior at 7:00 PM. Please do not show up earlier than 7:00pm. We will hand out dry bags and sleep kits, collect personal drinks, answer questions, and go over final trip details. This mandatory pre-trip meeting should take approximately 30 minutes. If you arrive in Vernal by bus or plane, please use a local taxi service to have you and your gear transported to our headquarters on the morning of the trip. Please call our Vernal headquarters directly at (435) 789-4586 with any last minute updates. If you are driving, your car can be left at our headquarters for the duration of your trip.
Please only use Google Maps to find us. If you cannot use Google maps, use these written directions:
Driving from either north or south on Highway 40, turn east onto 500 South; follow for 1 block, then turn right onto 1500 East. Drive straight until the road bends back toward Highway 40. Instead of continuing back to the highway, look for our sign on your left and continue onto the gravel driveway that bends left and ends at our warehouse parking area. When in doubt, look for the large Peterbilt sign. We are due south and directly adjacent to the sign. See map for visual help.
Flying into Salt Lake City International Airport and renting a car is the most common travel plan; however, there are a few other options to consider:
- Salt Lake City is located 180 miles west of Vernal, Utah (about a 3-hour drive). From there you can rent a car from any of the major rental agencies at the airport and drive to our headquarters.
- You can now fly from Denver to Vernal directly through United Airlines and get a taxi or rideshare company to transport you to your hotel & to our headquarters for your pre-trip meeting and the morning of your trip departure.
Vernal Transportation Services include:
Vernal Cab – (435) 790-1212
Basin Taxi – (435) 414-1779
Daily Shuttle Service is now available from Salt Lake City International Airport to Vernal through Salt Lake Express. Only use this option if your travel logistics allow you to opt for their AM departure schedule as their PM shuttle arrives too late for you to attend the mandatory pre-trip orientation meeting. For a small fee they can add your preferred drop off location if you call ahead of time to confirm your adjustment to their standard itinerary: 208-656-8824.
Lodging before and after your trip can be booked at one of these motels:
- Dinosaur Inn (435) 789-2660 (outdoor pool, hot complimentary breakfast) – Enjoy a 15% discount if you tell them you’re going on a trip with us!
- Holiday Inn Express 435-789-4654 (indoor pool, complimentary breakfast)
- Microtel Inn & Suites 435-363-0113 (indoor pool, hot tub, continental breakfast, close to our headquarters) – tell Microtel you’re joining Holiday on a river trip and get our discounted rate.
- Landmark Inn & Suites 435‑781‑1800 (kitchenette & free hot breakfast)
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott 435‑781‑9000 (indoor pool, hot tub, kitchenette, complimentary continental breakfast buffet)
BE SURE TO MAKE ADVANCE RESERVATIONS!
If you are camping out, there are camping facilities in Dinosaur National Monument at the Green River Campground or the Split Mountain Campground (groups only). These campgrounds are a 35-minute drive from our Vernal headquarters and they have tables, fire pits, modern comfort stations, a water system, trailer sites, campfire amphitheater and a nature trail; there is also wood for sale. Reservations are required for the Split Mountain campground, and it costs $40/site to camp/night and can be booked on rec.gov. The Green River Campground is on a first-come, first-serve basis and it is $18/vehicle/night to camp. An entrance fee is also required, which you have already paid for as part of your river trip! To get your park pass, simply swing by our Vernal headquarters on your way to the campsites! There is also the Dinosaurland KOA in Vernal (435-789-2148).
If you need assistance with your travel arrangements, please ask your Holiday River Expeditions reservation agent.