We meet for your trip in Vernal, Utah at Holiday River Expeditions headquarters (713 S 1550 E Naples UT, 84078), the morning your trip begins. If you arrive in Vernal by bus or plane, call our office ahead of time (801-266-2087) to make arrangements to have you and your gear transported to our headquarters the morning of the trip. Also please give any last-minute updates to our headquarters directly at (435) 789-4586. If you are driving, your car can be left at our headquarters. (Please only use Google or Apple Maps to find us.) If you cannot use Google or Apple maps, use these written directions:
Coming from either direction on I-40 head East onto 500 South; follow for 1 block until the 1st stop sign, then turn right onto 1500 East ; drive straight until the road bends back towards 1-40. Instead of looping back to the main road simply drive straight into a dirt driveway that will veer left and end at our Headquarters.
If you are flying, you can fly to Salt Lake City located 180 miles west of Vernal, Utah. From Salt Lake City you can rent a car and drive 3 hours to Vernal. You can also fly directly into Vernal with Boutique Air. If you need assistance with your travel arrangements, please ask your Holiday River Expedition reservation agent.
Lodging before and after your trip can be booked at one of these motels:
- Holiday Inn Express 435-789-4654 (indoor pool, complimentary breakfast
- Microtel Inn & Suites 435-781-8141 (indoor pool, hot tub, continental breakfast
- **tell them you’re joining Holiday on a river trip and get our discounted rate of $69/ night.
- Landmark Inn & Suites 435‑781‑1800 (kitchenette & free hot breakfast)
- Spring Hill Suites by Marriott 435‑781‑9000 (indoor pool, hot tub, kitchenette, complimentary continental breakfast buffet)
- Super 8 435-789-4326 (indoor pool, continental breakfast)
- Econo Lodge 435-789-2000 (complimentary continental breakfast)
- Motel 6 435-789-0666 (indoor pool)
BE SURE TO MAKE ADVANCE RESERVATIONS!
If you are camping out, there are camping facilities in Dinosaur National Monument at the Green River Campground, or the Split Mountain Campground (groups only). These campgrounds are a 35-minute drive from our Vernal headquarters and they have tables, fire pits, modern comfort stations, a water system, trailer sites, campfire amphitheater and a nature trail; there is also wood for sale. Reservations are required for the Split Mountain campground, and they require a $10 reservation fee plus $25/site to camp/night (435-781-7759). The Green River Campground is on a first-come, first-serve basis and it is $12/vehicle/night to camp. An entrance fee is also required. There is also the Dinosaurland KOA in Vernal (435-789-2148).
Air Service to Salt Lake City (SLC)
- Air Canada 888-247-2262
- Alaska Airlines 800-252-7522
- American Airlines 800-433-7300
- Delta Air Lines 800-221-1212
- Frontier Airlines 800-432-1359
- JetBlue Airways 800-538-2583
- KLM Royal Dutch Airlines 800-618-0104
- SkyWest Airlines 800-453-9417
- Southwest Airlines 800-435-9792
- United Airlines 800-241-6522
Transportation Options from Salt Lake City to Green River, Vernal or Blanding, Utah:
Once in Salt Lake City most of our guests rent-a-car and drive to our meeting points.
All rental cars are located in both terminals of the Salt Lake City Airport.
- Alamo 801-575-2211
- Avis 801-575-2847
- Budget 801-575-2821
- Dollar 801-575-2580
- Enterprise 801-537-7433
- Firefly 801-531-3563
- Hertz 801-575-2683
- National 801-575-2277
- Payless 801-322-6330
- Thrifty 801-265-6677
- Salt Lake City to Vernal 180 miles