We meet for your trip in Vernal, Utah at Holiday River Expeditions headquarters (713 S 1550 E Naples UT, 84078), the morning your trip begins. Yampa trips meet at 8:00 AM while Gates of Lodore trips meet at 7:00 AM. If you arrive in Vernal by bus or plane, call our office ahead of time (801-266-2087) to make arrangements to have you and your gear transported to our headquarters the morning of the trip. Also please give any last-minute updates to our headquarters directly at (435) 789-4586. If you are driving, your car can be left at our headquarters. (Please only use Google or Apple Maps to find us.) If you cannot use Google or Apple maps, use these written directions:
Coming from either direction on I-40 head East onto 500 South; follow for 1 block until the 1st stop sign, then turn right onto 1500 East ; drive straight until the road bends back towards 1-40. Instead of looping back to the main road simply drive straight into a dirt driveway that will veer left and end at our Headquarters. When in doubt , look for the Peterbilt Sign, we are directly behind their property to the South!
Flying into Salt Lake City International Airport and renting a car is the most common travel plan, however, there are a few other options to consider:
- Salt Lake City is located 180 miles west of Vernal, Utah (about a 3 hour drive). From there you can rent a car from any of the major rental agencies at the airport and drive to our headquarters.
- You can also now fly from Denver to Vernal directly through United Airlines and get a taxi or rideshare company to transport you to your hotel; you can arrange for Holiday to pick you up from your hotel in the morning if you talk to your Holiday reservation agent ahead of time.
Lodging before and after your trip can be booked at one of these motels:
- Holiday Inn Express 435-789-4654 (indoor pool, complimentary breakfast)
- Microtel Inn & Suites 435-781-8141 (indoor pool, hot tub, continental breakfast)
**Tell them you’re joining Holiday on a river trip and get our discounted rate of $69/ night.
- Landmark Inn & Suites 435‑781‑1800 (kitchenette & free hot breakfast)
- Spring Hill Suites by Marriott 435‑781‑9000 (indoor pool, hot tub, kitchenette, complimentary continental breakfast buffet)
- Super 8 435-789-4326 (indoor pool, continental breakfast)
- Econo Lodge 435-789-2000 (complimentary continental breakfast)
- Motel 6 435-789-0666 (indoor pool)
BE SURE TO MAKE ADVANCE RESERVATIONS!
If you are camping out, there are camping facilities in Dinosaur National Monument at the Green River Campground, or the Split Mountain Campground (groups only). These campgrounds are a 35-minute drive from our Vernal headquarters and they have tables, fire pits, modern comfort stations, a water system, trailer sites, campfire amphitheater and a nature trail; there is also wood for sale. Reservations are required for the Split Mountain campground, and it costs $40/site to camp/night and can be booked on rec.gov. Sites at the Green River Campground are available on a first-come, first-served basis and it is $18/vehicle/night to camp. An entrance fee is also required, which you have already paid for as part of your river trip! To get your park pass, simply swing by our Vernal Headquarters on your way to the campsites! There is also the Dinosaurland KOA in Vernal (435-789-2148).
If you need assistance with your travel arrangements, please ask your Holiday River Expeditions reservation agent.