We meet for your trip in Bluff, Utah. If you are driving, your car can be left at the Desert Rose Inn & Cabins. Departure time is 7:00 a.m., and so it is important that you attend our 8:00 PM pre-trip orientation the night before your trip.
Flying: While most of our guests fly into Salt Lake City International Airport and rent a car, there are a few options to consider.
- Salt Lake City to Bluff: Salt Lake City located 334 miles northwest of Bluff, Utah (about a 5.5 hour drive). Most guests rent a car from any of the major rental agencies at the airport and drive to our headquarters.
- Grand Junction to Bluff: Grand Junction is located 213 miles northeast of Bluff (about a 3.5 hour drive). Delta, United and American Airlines all service Grand Junction Airport. Rental option from GJ Airport include: Alamo, Hertz, Budget, Enterprise and National.
- Moab to Bluff: Moab Airport is located 118 miles north of Bluff. They now offer one flight a day in and out operated by United Airlines/ SkyWest Airlines connecting through Denver. Moab has rental car service through Enterprise
*** While rental cars are typically the best transportation option, in rare instances, including large groups, shuttles may become a reasonable alternative:
Shuttle Service from Salt Lake City, Grand Junction or Moab airport to Green River include:
- Moab Express Shuttles 435-260-2389 www.moabexpress.com
- Redrock Express 800-259-2869 www.redrockexpress.com
- Road Runner Shuttles 435-259-9402 www.roadrunnershuttle.com
Lodging before and after your trip can be booked at:
Desert Rose Inn & Cabins 435-672-2303 (locally owned) http://www.desertroseinn.com/
Recapture Lodge 435-672-2281 (locally owned, outdoor pool, breakfast) http://www.recapturelodge.com/
BE SURE TO MAKE ADVANCE RESERVATIONS!
If you are camping out, you can camp at the BLM Sand Island campground.
If you need assistance with your travel arrangements, please ask your Holiday River Expedition reservation agent.