You’ve booked your Upper San Juan rafting trip, now it’s time to get here!
We will meet for your trip in Bluff, Utah at Desert Rose Inn & Cabins. Departure time is typically at 7:00 a.m., and so it is important that you attend our 7:00 PM pre-trip meeting the night before your trip. Please do not show up earlier than 7:00. This mandatory pre-trip meeting should take approximately 30 minutes. Please call our Green River warehouse directly at (435) 564-3273 with any last-minute updates. If you are driving, your car can be left in the parking lot of the Desert Rose Inn for the duration of your trip.
Flying: While most of our guests fly into Salt Lake City International Airport and rent a car, there are a few options to consider.
- Salt Lake City to Bluff: Salt Lake City is located 334 miles northwest of Bluff, Utah (about a 5.5-hour drive). Most guests rent a car from any of the major rental agencies at the airport and drive to our meeting point.
- Grand Junction, Colorado, to Bluff: Grand Junction is located 213 miles northeast of Bluff (about a 3.5-hour drive). Delta, United, and American Airlines all service the Grand Junction Airport. Rental options from the GJ Airport include: Alamo, Hertz, Budget, Enterprise, and National.
- Moab to Bluff: Moab Airport is located 118 miles north of Bluff. They now offer one flight a day in and out operated by SkyWest Airlines connecting through Denver or Salt Lake City. Moab has rental car service through Enterprise or Canyonlands Car Rental.
Lodging before and after your trip can be booked at:
- Desert Rose Inn & Cabins 435-672-2303 (locally owned)
- Recapture Lodge 435-672-2281 (locally owned, outdoor pool, breakfast)
BE SURE TO MAKE ADVANCE RESERVATIONS!
If you are camping out, you can camp at the BLM Sand Island campground, but be aware that sites are first come first served.
If you need assistance with your travel arrangements, please ask your Holiday River Expeditions reservation agent.