We meet for your trip in Bluff, Utah at the Desert Rose Inn and Cabins (this is also where you can leave your car during the trip). Please plan to attend our 8:00 pm pre-trip orientation the night before your trip.
Flying: While most of our guests fly into Salt Lake City International Airport and rent a car, there are a few options to consider.
- Salt Lake City to Bluff: Salt Lake City is located 334 miles northwest of Bluff, Utah (about a 5.5-hour drive). Most guests rent a car from any of the major rental agencies at the airport and drive to our headquarters.
- Grand Junction to Bluff: Grand Junction is located 213 miles northeast of Bluff (about a 3.5-hour drive). Delta, United, and American Airlines all service Grand Junction Airport. Rental options from the Grand Junction Airport include Alamo, Hertz, Budget, Enterprise, and National.
- Moab to Bluff: Moab Airport is located 118 miles north of Bluff. They now offer one flight a day in and out operated by United Airlines/SkyWest Airlines connecting through Denver. Moab has rental car service through Enterprise.
*** While rental cars are typically the best transportation option, in rare instances, including large groups, shuttles may become a reasonable alternative:
Shuttle Services from Salt Lake City, Grand Junction, or Moab airports to Green River include:
- Moab Express Shuttles: (435) 260-2389, www.moabexpress.com
- Redrock Express: (800) 259-2869, www.redrockexpress.com
- Road Runner Shuttles: (435) 259-9402, www.roadrunnershuttle.com
Lodging before and after your trip can be booked at:
- Desert Rose Inn and Cabins: (435) 672-2303 (locally owned) http://www.desertroseinn.com/
- Recapture Lodge: (435) 672-2281 (locally owned, outdoor pool, breakfast) http://www.recapturelodge.com/
BE SURE TO MAKE ADVANCE RESERVATIONS!
If you are camping out, you can camp at the BLM Sand Island campground.
If you need assistance with your travel arrangements, please ask your Holiday River Expeditions reservation agent.