We meet for your trip in Blanding (4&5-day) or Bluff (3-day), Utah at 8:00 p.m. (mountain time). If you are driving, your car can be left at the Super 8 in Blanding or Desert Rose Inn & Cabins in Bluff. Departure time is 7:00 a.m., and so it is important that you attend our pre-trip orientation the night before your trip.
Flying into Salt Lake City International Airport and renting a car is the most common travel plan, however there are a few other options to consider:
- Salt Lake City to Blanding/Bluff: Salt Lake City located 308 northwest of Blanding or 334 miles northwest of Bluff, Utah (about a 5-5.5 hour drive). Most guests rent a car from any of the major rental agencies at the airport and drive to our headquarters.
- Grand Junction to Blanding/Bluff: Grand Junction is located 187 northeast of Blanding or 213 miles northeast of Bluff (about a 3-3.5 hour drive). Delta, United and American Airlines all service Grand Junction Airport. Rental option from GJ Airport include: Alamo, Hertz, Budget, Enterprise and National.
- Moab to Blanding Bluff: Moab Airport is located 93 miles North of Blanding and 118 miles north of Bluff. They now offers one flight a day in and out operated by United Airlines/ SkyWest Airlines connecting through Denver. Moab has rental car service through Enterprise
*** While rental cars are typically the best transportation option, in rare instances including large groups, shuttles may become a reasonable alternative:
Shuttle Service from Salt Lake City, Grand Junction or Moab airport to Green River include:
- Moab Express Shuttles 435-260-2389 www.moabexpress.com
- Redrock Express 800-259-2869 www.redrockexpress.com
- Road Runner Shuttles 435-259-9402 www.roadrunnershuttle.com
Lodging before and after your trip can be booked at:
- Super 8 435‑678‑3880 (indoor hot tub) www.super8.com
- Stone Lizard Lodging 435-678-3323 (locally owned, suites available) http://www.stonelizardlodging.com/
- Four Corners Inn 435-678-3257 (continental breakfast) www.fourcornersinn.com
- Gateway Inn Motel 435-678-2278 (locally owned, outdoor pool, continental breakfast) www.gatewayinnblanding.com
- Desert Rose Inn & Cabins 435-672-2303 (locally owned) http://www.desertroseinn.com/
- Recapture Lodge 435-672-2281 (locally owned, outdoor pool, breakfast) http://www.recapturelodge.com/
BE SURE TO MAKE ADVANCE RESERVATIONS!
If you are camping out, there is one campground in Blanding: the Kampark Campground (RV with full hookups & tent sites – 435-678-2770). There are also four Forest Service campgrounds in the Abajo Mountains 15 to 30 miles north of Blanding. In Bluff you can camp at the BLM Sand Island campground.
If you need assistance with your travel arrangements, please ask your Holiday River Expedition reservation agent.