We meet for your trip in Blanding, Utah. If you are driving, your car can be left at the Super 8 in Blanding. Departure time is 7:00 a.m., and so it is important that you attend our 8:00 PM pre-trip orientation the night before your trip.
Flying: While most of our guests fly into Salt Lake City International Airport and rent a car, there are a few options to consider.
- Salt Lake City to Blanding Salt Lake City located 308 northwest of Blanding, Utah (about a 5 hour drive). Most guests rent a car from any of the major rental agencies at the airport and drive to our headquarters.
- Grand Junction to Blanding: Grand Junction is located 187 northeast of Blanding (about a 3 hour drive). Delta, United and American Airlines all service Grand Junction Airport. Rental option from GJ Airport include: Alamo, Hertz, Budget, Enterprise and National.
- Moab to Blanding: Moab Airport is located 93 miles North of Blanding. They now offers one flight a day in and out operated by United Airlines/ SkyWest Airlines connecting through Denver. Moab has rental car service through Enterprise
*** While rental cars are typically the best transportation option, in rare instances, including large groups, shuttles may become a reasonable alternative:
Shuttle Service from Salt Lake City, Grand Junction or Moab airport to Green River include:
- Moab Express Shuttles 435-260-2389 www.moabexpress.com
- Redrock Express 800-259-2869 www.redrockexpress.com
- Road Runner Shuttles 435-259-9402 www.roadrunnershuttle.com
Lodging before and after your trip can be booked at:
Super 8 435‑678‑3880 (indoor hot tub) www.super8.com
Stone Lizard Lodging 435-678-3323 (locally owned, suites available) http://www.stonelizardlodging.com/
Four Corners Inn 435-678-3257 (continental breakfast) www.fourcornersinn.com
Gateway Inn Motel 435-678-2278 (locally owned, outdoor pool, continental breakfast) www.gatewayinnblanding.com
BE SURE TO MAKE ADVANCE RESERVATIONS!
If you are camping out, there is one campground in Blanding: the Kampark Campground (RV with full hookups & tent sites – 435-678-2770). There are also four Forest Service campgrounds in the Abajo Mountains 15 to 30 miles north of Blanding.
If you need assistance with your travel arrangements, please ask your Holiday River Expedition reservation agent.