We will meet for your trip in Blanding, Utah at Arch Canyon Inn. Departure time is typically 7:00 am, so it is important that you attend our 7:00 PM pre-trip meeting the night before your trip. Please do not show up earlier than 7:00pm. This mandatory pre-trip meeting should take approximately 30 minutes. Please call our Green River warehouse directly at (435) 564-3273 with any last-minute updates. If you are driving, your car can be left in the parking lot of Arch Canyon Inn for the duration of your trip.
Flying: While most of our guests fly into Salt Lake City International Airport and rent a car, there are a few options to consider.
- Salt Lake City to Blanding Salt Lake City is located 308 miles northwest of Blanding, Utah (about a 5-hour drive). Most guests rent a car from any of the major rental agencies at the airport and drive to our meeting point.
- Grand Junction, Colorado, to Blanding: Grand Junction is located 187 miles northeast of Blanding (about a 3hour drive). Delta, United, and American Airlines all service Grand Junction Airport. Rental options from the GJ Airport include: Alamo, Hertz, Budget, Enterprise, and National.
- Moab to Blanding: Moab Airport is located 93 miles north of Blanding. They now offer one flight a day in and out operated by SkyWest Airlines connecting through Denver or Salt Lake City. Moab has rental car service through Enterprise or Canyonlands Car Rental. Chartered shuttles are also available through Moab Express Shuttles.
Daily Shuttle Service is now available from Salt Lake City International Airport to Blanding through Salt Lake Express. Only use this option if your travel logistics allow you to opt for their AM departure schedule as their PM shuttle arrives too late for you to attend the mandatory pre-trip orientation meeting. The shuttle drop-off is a block south of Arch Canyon Inn.
Lodging before and after your trip can be booked at:
- Arch Canyon Inn 435‑678‑3880 (locally owned, indoor hot tub)
- Stone Lizard Lodging 435-678-3323 (locally owned, suites available)
- Four Corners Inn 435-678-3257 (continental breakfast)
BE SURE TO MAKE ADVANCE RESERVATIONS!
If you are camping out, there is one campground in Blanding: the Kampark Campground (RV with full hookups & tent sites – 435-678-2770). There are also four Forest Service campgrounds in the Abajo Mountains, 15 to 30 miles north of Blanding.
If you need assistance with your travel arrangements, please ask your Holiday River Expeditions reservation agent.