We meet for your trip in Blanding, Utah, at the Arch Canyon Inn (this is also where you can leave your car for the duration of the trip). Please plan to attend our 8:00 pm pre-trip orientation the night before your trip.
Flying: While most of our guests fly into Salt Lake City International Airport and rent a car, there are a few options to consider.
- Salt Lake City to Blanding: Salt Lake City is located 308 miles northwest of Blanding, Utah (about a 5-hour drive). Most guests rent a car from any of the major rental agencies at the airport and drive to our meeting point in Blanding.
- Grand Junction to Blanding: Grand Junction is located 187 miles northeast of Blanding (about a 3-hour drive). Delta, United, and American Airlines all service Grand Junction Airport. Rental options from the Grand Junction Airport include Alamo, Hertz, Budget, Enterprise, and National.
- Moab to Blanding: Moab Airport is located 93 miles north of Blanding. They now offer one flight a day operated by United Airlines/SkyWest Airlines connecting through Denver. Moab has rental car service through Enterprise.
*** While rental cars are typically the best transportation option, in rare instances, such as with large groups, shuttles may become a reasonable alternative:
Shuttle Services from the Salt Lake City, Grand Junction, or Moab airports to Green River include:
- Moab Express Shuttles: (435) 260-2389 www.moabexpress.com
- Redrock Express: (800) 259-2869 www.redrockexpress.com
- Road Runner Shuttles: (435) 259-9402 www.roadrunnershuttle.com
Lodging before and after your trip can be booked at:
- Arch Canyon Inn (435)‑678‑3880 (locally owned, indoor hot tub)
- Stone Lizard Lodging (435) 678-3323 (locally owned, suites available)
- Four Corners Inn (435) 678-3257 (continental breakfast)
BE SURE TO MAKE ADVANCE RESERVATIONS!
If you are camping out, there is one campground in Blanding: the Kampark Campground (RV sites with full hookups and tent sites; (435) 678-2770). There are also four Forest Service campgrounds in the Abajo Mountains, 15 to 30 miles north of Blanding.
If you need assistance with your travel arrangements, please ask your Holiday River Expeditions reservation agent.