By Kenzie Comstock
Rafting on the Colorado River
Holiday River Expeditions specialize in multi-day Colorado River rafting trips. Since 1966 Holiday River Expeditions has provided unforgettable trips down the river to so many people. They’re guides will take care of all of your worries, the food is amazing, and the equipment and rafts are the best you can buy. These stunning river canyons take you to places you can only get to by raft. Side canyon exploration, learning about river lore and how the geologic formations takes shape are a part of every Holiday trip. They offer many different trips with varying lengths, rivers, sights, and difficulty.
Holiday River Expeditions offer these trips down the Colorado River system:
- Grand Canyon
– 5,6 day trip in the upper section of canyon, 8,9 days in the lower section
– Experience one of the Seven Wonders of the World through a rare and special experience
– 150 Rapids with some of the wildest sections of the Colorado River
- Lodore Canyon
– Four day trip and is a great trip for someone without very much rafting experience
– Great for kids eight years and older
– Optional hikes throughout the trip are available
– Fishing is plentiful with trout found especially during the first two days of the trip
- Westwater Canyon
– One, two, and three day options. Great for quick, short trips.
– Intermediate level so most people will find this exhilarating but not too intense
– Westwater Canyon is often referred to as a miniature Grand Canyon
- Yampa River
– Four and five day options and will be a great trip for kids eight years and older
– White “tiger striped” 2,000 feet sheer walls that come straight down to the water.
– Side canyon hiking and exploring including seeing some Ancestral Puebloan rock art.
- Cataract Canyon
– Disconnect and spend five or six days on the Colorado River on a Cataract Canyon rafting trip.
– Three day, two night option is available if you don’t have a lot of time available in your calendar.
– Raft through the center of Utah’s Canyonlands National Park.
– Explore ancient Anasazi ruins that are inaccessible except by raft.
There are few trips that will bring your family closer together than white water rafting together. You’ll have a great time on the river, feel safe and secure with our guides, and get that shot of adrenaline that comes with the thrills of rafting through some of the biggest rapids in North America. Your kids will enjoy the adventure and they will learn and grow from the experience of doing something challenging as a family.