SALT LAKE CITY, UT, Jan. 14, 2021 – “Take me to the river” takes on whole new meaning this season as the lock-down weary seek Houdini-like strategies to free themselves from the shackles of the pandemic’s captivity.
Holiday River Expeditions for over 50 years has been freeing people’s souls on river rafting adventures and they hope that in 2021 the same opportunities abound.
To take any lingering fears away from being out and about in Nature with family and friends together, this trail-blazing company has retooled its offerings. Primarily, they have made it easier to travel in confidence by encouraging “pod” travel, or teaming up with a small group of friends and family who share pandemic protocol wave lengths.
When Holiday River Expeditions began running its 2020 trips it was quickly evident that adjustments needed to be made for guests to feel more secure joining a trip. One of those adjustments was allowing for and encouraging smaller, private trips. On most trips the company has lowered its required minimums in order to schedule an exclusive group trip. The smaller group minimums have allowed guests to travel with just their family members, or close friends with whom they’ve already created a pod or travel bubble.
The new 12-person minimum for private rafting charters in 2021 apply to:
- Westwater Canyon (two and three day) and Cataract Canyon (five and six day) trips,
- Specific (six day) Desolation Canyon dates: Aug 23-28; Aug 29-Sep 3; Sep 6-11; Sep 13-18; Sep 20-25,
- San Juan River trips in May and June (three, four or five day).
- Minimums for other itineraries have been reduced to 16 on Lodore Canyon (three and four day) and Yampa River (four and five day) trips.
Holiday River Expeditions has also changed minimum requirements for its mountain biking itineraries to just 8 people for a small group, private charter backcountry trip. This applies to:
- The White Rim Trail, (three or four days) in April–May and September–October
- Moab-Westwater Combination trips, (four days total: two biking/two rafting).
Considered by enthusiasts to be Utah’s ultimate multi-day mountain bike trip, The Maze, deep inside Canyonlands National Park, is naturally a small group trip with a maximum capacity of just 7 guests. Private charters can be arranged on two available dates; May 18-21 and September 7-10, 2021.
For more details, please see https://www.bikeraft.com/what-your-2021-trip-will-look-like-2/ and https://www.bikeraft.com/custom-charter-trips/.
Other Covid related adjustments and protocols the company has adopted and will carry into 2021 include:
- a 4 to 1 guest to guide ratio (to increase social distancing while in a raft),
- decreased capacity in vehicle transportation with masks required,
- a mandatory “Statement of Good Health” a week before departure,
- temperatures taken at meeting point,
- meal service change from buffet to served, with guides wearing masks and gloves during preparation and service,
- always-available sanitizer,
- additional PSA’s to create a “culture of care” that addresses comfort zones.