We will meet for your trip in Green River, Utah at Holiday River Expeditions headquarters, (2075 E Main Street, Green River, Utah, 84525). Our headquarters is located ¼ mile east of the Green River Bridge, across the road from the Motel 6 and behind the Comfort Inn. Westwater Canyon trips meet at 8:00 AM. ALL OTHER TRIPS meet the night prior at 7:00 PM. Please do not show up earlier than 7:00 PM. We will hand out dry bags and sleep kits, collect personal drinks, answer questions, and go over final trip details. This mandatory pre-trip meeting should take approximately 30 minutes.
For Desolation Canyon trips: please keep in mind your trips begin with a scenic flight to the remote put in. Because of the flight logistics, we ask that you plan to stop by our warehouse before 1:00 p.m. the day before your trip to drop off any beverages (or bulky gear) as these flights have strict baggage weight & size limits.
If you plan on arriving in Green River by shuttle, bus, Amtrak, or private plane and are in need of in-town transportation, call our office ahead of time (801-266-2087) to make arrangements. Please call our Green River warehouse directly at (435) 564-3273 with any last-minute updates & upon arrival in town. If you are driving, your car can be left at our headquarters for the duration of your trip.
Flying into Salt Lake City International Airport and renting a car is the most common travel plan; however, there are a few other options to consider:
- Salt Lake City to Green River: Salt Lake City is located 180 miles northwest of Green River, Utah (about a 3-hour drive). Most guests rent a car from any of the major rental agencies at the airport and drive to our headquarters.
- Grand Junction, Colorado, to Green River: Grand Junction is located 100 miles east of Green River (about a 1.5-hour drive). Delta, United, and American Airlines all service the Grand Junction Airport. Rental options from the GJ Airport include Alamo, Hertz, Budget, Enterprise, and National.
- Moab to Green River: Moab is located 52 miles southeast of Green River and offers one flight a day in and out operated by SkyWest Airlines connecting through Denver or Salt Lake City. Moab has rental car service through Enterprise or Canyonlands Car Rental. Chartered shuttles are also available through Moab Express Shuttles.
Daily Shuttles are now available from Salt Lake City International Airport to Green River through Salt Lake Express. Only use this option if your travel logistics allow you to opt for their AM departure. Their PM shuttle arrives too late for you to attend the mandatory pre-trip orientation meeting.
Charter shuttles can be booked through Alpine Transportation.
Lodging before and after your trip:
- River Rock B&B 435-564-7625 (locally owned, intimate, ADA accessible accommodations, full locally sourced breakfast, campfire vibes.) *10% discount for Holiday guests
- River Terrace Inn 435‑564‑3401 (locally owned, pool, hot tub, full breakfast, riverside rooms available) *10% discount for Holiday guests
- Comfort Inn 435‑564‑3300 (inside pool, hot tub, continental breakfast – in front of our headquarters)
- Holiday Inn Express 435-564-4439 (inside pool, hot tub, continental breakfast – west of our headquarters)
- Motel 6 435‑564‑3436 (pool, kids free, lower rates)
- Sleepy Hollow 435-564-8189 (clean with lower rates)
*When making advance reservations at the River Terrace Inn or River Rock Inn B&B, mention that you are on a Holiday River Expeditions trip and you will be extended a discounted rate on your room. You will need to show a trip invoice at check-in.
BE SURE TO MAKE ADVANCE RESERVATIONS!
If you are camping out, there are two campgrounds in Green River: the Green River State Park (lower rates, may have mosquitoes, call 435-564-3633 to make reservations) and the KOA Campground (across from our headquarters, 435-564-8195).
If you need assistance with your travel arrangements, please ask your Holiday River Expeditions reservation agent.