We meet for your trip in Green River, Utah at Holiday River Expeditions headquarters (2075 E Main St. Green River, UT 84525) the morning your trip begins. Westwater Canyon trips meet at 8:00 AM. ALL bike or bike combo trips meet at 7:00 AM. Cataract Canyon & Desolation Canyon trips will meet the night prior at 8:00 PM. Our headquarters is located 1/4 mile east of the Green River Bridge, across the highway from the Motel 6 and behind the Comfort Inn. If you plan on arriving in Green River by shuttle, bus, Amtrak, or plane, call our office ahead of time (801-266-2087) to make arrangements to have you and your gear transported to our headquarters. Also please give any last-minute updates to our headquarters directly at (435-564-3273). If you are driving, your car can be left at our headquarters.
Flying into Salt Lake City International Airport and renting a car is the most common travel plan, however, there are a few other options to consider:
- Salt Lake City to Green River: Salt Lake City located 180 miles northwest of Green River, Utah (about a 3 hour drive). Most guests rent a car from any of the major rental agencies at the airport and drive to our headquarters.
- Grand Junction to Green River: Grand Junction is located 100 miles due East of Green River (about a 1.5 hour drive). Delta, United and American Airlines all service Grand Junction Airport. Rental options from the Grand Junction Airport include: Alamo, Hertz, Budget, Enterprise and National.
- Moab to Green River: Moab is located 52 miles southeast of Green River and now offers one flight a day in and out operated by United Airlines/SkyWest Airlines connecting through Denver. Moab has rental car service through Enterprise.
*** While rental cars are typically the best transportation option, in rare instances, including large groups, shuttles may become a reasonable alternative:
Shuttle Service from Salt Lake City, Grand Junction, or Moab airports to Green River include:
- Moab Express Shuttles: 435-260-9289, www.moabexpress.com
- Road Runner Shuttles: 435-259-9402, www.roadrunnershuttle.com
Lodging before and after your trip:
- River Rock B&B 435-564-7625 (locally owned, intimate, ADA accessible accommodations, full locally-sourced breakfast, Campfire vibes.) *10% discount for Holiday guests
- River Terrace Inn 435‑564‑3401 (locally owned, pool, hot tub, full breakfast, riverside rooms available) *10% discount for Holiday guests
- Comfort Inn 435‑564‑3300 (inside pool, hot tub, continental breakfast – in front of our headquarters)
- First Choice Inns 435-564-4439 (inside pool, hot tub, continental breakfast – west of our headquarters)
- Super 8 435-564-8888 (inside pool, hot tub, refrigerator, microwave)
- Motel 6 435‑564‑3436 (pool, kids free, lower rates)
- Sleepy Hollow 435-564-8189 (clean with lower rates)
*When making advance reservations at the River Terrace Inn or River Rock Inn (B&B), mention that you are on a Holiday River Expeditions trip and you will be extended a discounted rate on your room. You will need a trip invoice at check-in.
BE SURE TO MAKE ADVANCE RESERVATIONS!
If you are camping out, there are two campgrounds in Green River: the Green River State Park (no pool, lower rates and may have mosquitoes – call 435-564-3633 to make reservations), and the KOA Campground (435-564-8195 – across from our headquarters).
If you need assistance with your travel arrangements, please ask your Holiday River Expeditions reservation agent.