Holiday River Expeditions code of conduct was created as a way to keep our commitment to you, the guest, as well as our fantastic guides. This set of agreements helps to ensure every guest and staff member has a respectful, inclusive, and enjoyable backcountry experience. To that end, we ask that guests and staff alike treat each other with respect and kindness.
Code of Conduct
Respectful behavior includes, but is not limited to
- honoring each individual’s identity, including but not limited to
- gender identity,
- immigration status,
- political beliefs,
- sexual orientation, or
- communicating your own boundaries and respecting others’ boundaries, including
- asking permission to take photographic portraits of others, and
- considering appropriate picture and video taking and posting of other trip participants;
- giving each other discretion during the many private moments on a backcountry adventure, such as urination, changing clothes, and bathing; and
- smoking far away and downwind from non-smokers, (while avoiding brush and other fire-hazards).
- Leaving your speakers at home. Many of our guests come to these wild places to get away from amplified sounds and connect to a more quiet part of themselves, (& in many of our trips areas it is illegal to use amplification.) If you bring music, wear headphones.
Please avoid disrespectful behavior, which includes, but is not limited to
- sexual solicitation,
- profane, obscene, or abusive language or behavior, or
- any other acts of harassment, bullying, or discrimination.
For more information on Holiday’s commitment to inclusivity and respect, check out the work of some of the folks helping us!