by Julie Trevelyan
Our Women’s Fitness Rafting adventure is back for a second year! Join Kathleen Leopardi, owner of Personal Zone Fitness for core work, yoga and lots of tips and suggestions on reaching your personal goals. Book it now, mark your calendar for the July 10-13 4-day Green River, Lodore Canyon Women’s Fitness trip and get ready to have some fun on the water with your fellow female rafters.
Not into Yoga? Don’t want to do crunches? No problem! Or join us for “Just the Girls” on the 4-day Lodore Canyon trip Aug 7-10. Nothing but girl power on this adventure.
NEW THIS YEAR
Moms, Daughters, Granddaughters, Sisters and Girlfriends are also invited to join a Mother-Daughter trip on the Green River through Desolation Canyon June 29-03. Not just for Mothers & Daughters though. All are welcome!
In September join Melanie Webb of Sol Fitness Adventures for a Women’s Paddle Board & Kayak Trip. Spend 4 days on the Colorado River through Ruby and Westwater Canyons. Paddle Boarding, kayaking, hiking and lots of fun! Sept 10-13, 2015
Why is an all-woman river rafting adventure so awesome?
Let us count the ways.
1. Spending time with other women means you can relax, let go, and totally be yourself!
2. You don’t yoga? It’s all good—practicing poses in a group of women is very non-threatening. Holding in any stomach pooch you might have is banned!
3. Laughter between women is hearty, expansive, and just plain fun. There’s always a lot of beautiful healing laughter on all-women’s trips. Oh, hysterical belly laughs are pretty common, too.
4. Women can hold a very safe space for one another, both emotionally and physically. A river rafting adventure can have that added comfort of sanctuary when all your co-adventurers are also female.
5. Let’s face it, women still do a lot of the work around home. On the river, someone else cooks and cleans up. Seriously, how cool is that?
Written by Julie Trevelyan.
Julie is a freelance writer and wilderness guide in southern Utah. She especially enjoys books, coffee, yoga, wild country, horses, and dark chocolate.
See more of her work at www.wildgirlwriting.com