By Haley Strand
Are you thinking about going on a rafting trip? Is this something new you’ve never done before? Don’t worry, you aren’t the only one. Booking a trip for a new adventure can sometimes be stressful. You might not know what the best trip would be for your family or you might have limitations that could affect your trip. Maybe you don’t understand how whitewater rapids are classified. We have all been there and it takes a lot of time and research to get things just right. Each individual is different and likes different things. First timers are welcomed, always! But even if you’re a seasoned river rafter, Holiday makes it very easy to book your next trip. Follow these simple steps to get the job done.
1. Figure out what trip is right for you: Get online and review the different types of trips offered. Holiday features all kinds of information on all of their trips on their website. Go online and explore, read reviews, and get to know a little bit about the trip details before you book. They have customer testimonials, videos and even a checklist of what to bring when you go.
2. Ask a friend: Do you know someone who has been on a trip before? Or been on the specific trip you’re thinking about going on? Call them up! Email them. Ask opinions and get answers. The folks at Holiday River Expeditions also has a list of references they will be happy to provide you with.
3. Pick a date: Select a date for your trip based around other vacations you have planned, water levels, peak run-off times or just whatever will work for you family. When you have a date in mind you’ll have a much easier time selecting a trip that will work for you.
4. Book early and take advantage of specials: There are plenty of reasons to book your rafting trip early, like ensuring availability and guaranteeing there is enough room for your friends and family. If there is a special going on, don’t hesitate to book then!
5. Call the office: If you just aren’t sure what trip to pick, give the office a call! The friendly office folks will be happy to find the right trip for you. They are fully equipped to answer any questions you might have. If you want to shoot them an email, that is great too. They are there to help out with any questions or concerns you may have. What are you waiting for? Plan your trip today!
At just under 5 years old, Haley took her first river trip with Holiday River Expeditions and has been rafting with them ever since. Haley is now 23 years old with a bachelors degree in Communications from the University of Utah. A newcomer in the marketing industry with a bright future ahead. When she isn’t working, she is working out or playing with her pups Stella and Stuey. She loves playing in the beautiful mountains and rivers of Utah but her other love is mother ocean, from Baja California to St. Croix, Maine and the Carolinas. Haley is a true water baby at heart.