On Oct 30, 2003, Owners, Dee & Sue Holladay and Tim Gaylord, Operations Director were presented with the Canyonlands National Park Safety Award from Park Ranger Steve Swanke. In making this award Swanke commented “In the past decade your guides have not been directly involved in a personal injury or property damage, This is a significant accomplishment considering the conditions your company routinely operates in.”
Conservation Stewardship Award
In 1999 Dee Holladay was presented America Outdoors’ “Conservation Stewardship” Award. He also received the Utah Rivers Council Headwaters Award. Dee has been a proponent of a new river management plan undertaken by Canyonlands National Park, encouraging the superintendent to take into account various environmental threats to the park’s canyons, river-ways and backcountry areas.
Burn Camp – 10 Year Service Award
On March 1, 2008 Dee & Sue Holladay, Tim Gaylord, John Wood and Tammy Jones of Holiday Expeditions were presented with a 10 Year Service Award from the University of Utah Burn Unit for their part in the Burn Camp Programs. “In grateful recognition for helping burn survivors heal and truly becoming one with the River!”
In 2004, Owners Frogg Stewart and Dee & Sue Holladay were presented with the Idaho Outfitters and Guide Association with the Decade of Service Award. “In recognition of your valiant effort and commitment on behalf of outfitting and your extraordinary commitment of time, energy, and historical knowledge of the Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness.”
Owner Dee Holladay was presented with the Utah Headwaters Award by the Utah Rivers Council, and in addition was recognized with a beautiful photo. “In gratitude for Dee Holladay’s tireless efforts on behalf of Utah’s wild rivers as a member of the board of directors for the Utah Rivers Council.”
Holiday River Expeditions is happy to support and participate in outdoor industry and environmental causes. Holiday’s staff and officers are members and actively involved in:
- America Outdoors
- Utah Guide & Outfitters
- Idaho Outfitters & Guides Association
- Adventure Gateway
- Waterkeeper Alliance
- Living Rivers
- Green River Action Network
- Wasatch & Canyon Country Rising Tide
- Utah Rivers Council
- Grand Canyon Trust
- Southern Utah Wilderness Alliance
- Sierra Club
- HEAL Utah
Dee’s legacy of advocacy includes:
- Member Flaming Gorge Dam Operations Citizen Work-group.
- Member State Parks Boating Advisory Council.
- Past President, Utah State Chairman & Vice President, Western River Guides Association.
- Past President & Vice President, Utah Guides and Outfitters Association.
- Member Utah State Project 2000.
- Member Idaho Outfitters and Guides Association Safety Committee.
- Member of the Advisory Committee to the Board of Directors of the John Wesley Powell Museum.
- President Worldwide Guides & Outfitters
- Member National River Cleanup Week Board of Directors
- Member Utah Rivers Council Board of Directors
- Member Utah Bureau of Land Management Resource Advisory Council
Lauren, Dee’s Granddaughter is also currently involved in:
- Director of the Green River Action Network
- Green Riverkeeper Affiliate with Waterkeeper Alliance
- Member of Wasatch & Canyon Country Rising Tide
- Member of the Tavaputs Action Council
- Policy Advocate for Utah Guides and Outfitters
- Plaintiff on litigation with HEAL Utah & the Sierra Club
- Past founder & Board Member of Peaceful Uprising